COVID-19 Advice and Guidance
In 2020 we acquired the ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard which shows we followed government and industry Covid 19 guidelines. In order to acquire this, we have completed a risk assessment and have put procedures in place to maintain our usual standard of cleanliness and to aid social distancing.
Please read the following guidelines and respect them as this will ensure you, your family, other visitors and staff at Our Welsh Caravan & Camping will be as safe as possible. We will try and maintain a relaxed atmosphere at Our Welsh while also adhering to the Welsh Government Guidelines. Take a moment to read these guidelines which are subject to change. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please read the current COVID-19 information from the Welsh Government on keeping safe
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- All bookings must be made in advance either by telephone, email or online booking. We will not accept off the road arrivals.
- Once you have booked, we will contact you prior to your arrival (ensure you have given us your contact details in your booking information), so that we can confirm your booking and check in details.
- Please do not come on holiday if you or any of your family are experiencing symptoms of Covid 19 or are unwell.
- Our Blog contains details of places to visit and local takeaways that will deliver to site we will have minimal Tourist info available.
- Plan your holiday in advance as social distancing guidelines often mean that restricted numbers will be allowed into beer gardens etc. Check if you need to book in advance.
- In the interest of health and safety, please note that the office will work on reduced hours and only allow one person in at any one time.
ARRIVING ON SITE
If you arrive and there is no one in reception please ring 07800945558 and we will come and meet you.
- On arrival you will be asked to confirm that no one in your party is unwell with Covid 19 symptoms.
- In order to meet the Welsh Government guidelines relating to their Test, Trace & Protect policy, we will require the names and contact details of all adult members of each pitch. These details will be kept securely for the duration of your stay and for 21 days after your departure. Anyone failing to provide details will not be allowed entry.
- We can take cash or card on arrival
- You will be allocated a choice of pitches and details of how to pitch correctly. Our pitches are spacious enough to allow good social distancing but please ensure you pitch correctly and are mindful of others and maintain a 6m distance between tents. We will be working at a reduced capacity so pitch appropriately.
- maximum of 6 people / pitch
- No Group bookings
- Quiet site after 10:30pm and No Firepits or open fires
WASTE DISPOSAL/CHEMICAL TOILET
The chemical toilet is situated at the reception end of the site. In order to maintain social distancing please wait until the person using the facility has left the area.
- Please ensure that you do not put any wet wipes/tissues etc down as these may block the drain.
- Please use your own hand sanitiser before and after using the chemical toilet and /or wear disposable gloves
- The waste disposal area will be disinfected regularly during the day and cleaned twice a day.
- Please dispose of any PPE in the bins in the waste area.
FACILITIES Please inform us immediately if the facilities need attention
USING THE TOILET BLOCKS & SHOWER ROOMS
These facilities are now open. Please follow these guidelines:
- Where possible please continue to use your own facilities in order to help manage demand on the toilets and showers.
- Keep time using the facilities to a minimum.
- There will be hand sanitiser and handwash available. Please use it before entering and after leaving each time. Masks must be worn in the buildings.
- Parents please accompany young children to help remind them about social distancing. Please discourage them from playing around the toilets and stones.
- There will be cleaning equipment and products available for customers use please ensure all children are supervised in the facility buildings.
- The Toilets and Showers should only be used please refrain from putting on make up and cleaning of teeth to ensure there are minimum amount of people in the buildings.
- We have always maintained the cleanliness of our facilities and we will continue to maintain these high standards with two deep cleans a day supported by regular disinfection of contact surfaces during the day. There will be set times when the buildings will be closed for cleaning.
- To minimise risk the doors to the buildings can be kept open. Please ensure that windows are kept open as much as possible in order to allow plenty of fresh air to circulate. There is also an extractor fan working in the shower rooms.
- To meet current guidelines it has been necessary to control the use of some facilities. If the facility has reached capacity please queue outside at a social distance or return later.
LAUNDRY ROOM/WASHING UP AREA
Like the showers and toilet blocks current Welsh Government guidelines mean that we can operate with restrictions. Please observe these extra guidelines:
- As this is a narrow room we will operate a 1 in 1 out system.
- Please queue outside at a social distance or return later if it is in use.
- The shared fridge will not be available
- Tourist information will be at a minimum mainly wall mounted.
- Any games or Books borrowed for use must be returned to reception for Quarantine.
The water provided at the water points is safe to drink. The Motorhome drain can be used for grey wastewater. Please observe social distancing when visiting these points.
- All dogs to be on leads on site. All dog waste to be collected and placed in the bins in the Waste area
- Please observe social distancing rules when exercising your dog in the dog walk area.
RUBBISH AND RECYCLING
- Wash all bottles/plastic bottles etc before placing them in the recycling bins.
- All non recyclable waste is to be put in the general waste bins
- If you or a member of your family has been unwell with suspected Covid 19 symptoms please double bag your waste. Please let us know and we will arrange to store the bag away for 72 hours in order to avoid potential contamination.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE UNWELL WHILST ON SITE
Should you feel unwell with any of the Covid 19 symptoms please:
Telephone us on the number 07800945558
- Either go online to NHS 111 or telephone them and follow their advice.
- If you have any other medical queries, please do not telephone our local doctors surgeries direct. You can either seek advice from our local pharmacy 01443 672149 or phone NHS 111 who will advise you
- Departures will be by 12 noon unless previously arranged with us.
- Please txt us to let us know when you are leaving.
- We will check whether you or any of your family have been unwell during your stay.
HOW YOU CAN HELP ON SITE
We want you to enjoy your stay with us and we know you all know the drill about social distancing by now but here are a few gentle reminders:
- Please do not invite or entertain visitors on site unless authorised by us and all contact details taken we would prefer no visitors. Please remember Rule of 6 still applies.
- If arranging any food deliveries to the site please meet them at the entrance.
- Please respect social distancing – currently at 2m distance in Wales.
- Please be sensible when approaching narrow areas and follow advice on signs around the buildings.
- Please only socialise within the guidance issued by the Welsh Government. Please do not congregate in awnings.
- Avoid cutting across other pitches
- Regularly wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitisers before and after entering buildings.
- Adults please keep an eye on your children at all times. We know they love to play around the toilet blocks, there is plenty of open space in the kick about field for them to play.
- Please be mindful that we are a working farm and farmers are key workers. If you do walk/jog up the lane please avoid touching any gates or carry hand sanatiser.
HOW YOU CAN HELP IN THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Local relationships are important to us all. Some people are understandably apprehensive about the potential impacts of returning visitors and they will need reassurance demonstrated by your thoughtfulness.
- Please do not come on holiday if you or any members of your family have any symptoms of Covid 19 or if you have recently been in contact with someone who has.
- Please be aware of social distancing whenever you are out and about even when outdoors e.g. walking the coast path.
- Bringing your own supplies of food and drink may reduce reliance and congestion in some shops
- Pubs/cafes in Wales are allowed to open so booking ahead for tables is advised.
- Please wear a face mask in shops and note that it is be mandatory to wear one on public transport including taxis.
Our Welsh Caravan & Camping Thank you for taking the time to read these guidelines.
We hope you enjoy your Stay and have a chance to get away and relax. We are operating on a reduced capacity this season so we can all enjoy a peaceful holiday.